Ultra Electronics is an international group of businesses specialising in the design, manufacture and support of electronic, electromechanical and software systems for the defence, security and aerospace markets worldwide.
The Electrics Division of Ultra is a recognised centre of excellence in electronic systems, Human Machine Interface (HMI) solutions, lighting and high integrity harness systems.
Our products are installed in a wide range of civil and military aircraft, armoured vehicles, ships and submarines. We supply to prime contractors, systems integrators and end users.
Capabilities and products
The Electrics Division has over 40 years expertise in the design, development and support of systems and equipment designed to operate in the harshest environments.
From fighter pilot to tank commander, the Electrics Division's products are in service on many of the world's most prestigious aircraft and vehicle platforms.
Human Machine Interface (HMI) solutions
- Hands-On Throttle and Stick (HOTAS)
- Hands-On Collective and Stick (HOCAS)
- Control handles
- Control panels
- High fidelity simulation controls
- LCD crew display unit
- Cursor control pointing devices
Vetronic and power management
- High integrity databus nodes and gateways
- Health and Usage Monitoring Systems (HUMS)
- Battery management systems
- Power distribution systems
- Discrete lighting controller
- LED and EL lighting (NVIS)
- Emergency lighting systems
- External vehicle lighting
- Crewstation flood and spot lighting
- Formation lighting
- Video switching and processing
- LCD crew display units
- Thermal imaging sensors
- Image intensified sensors
- Low light day sensors
High integrity switches
- Landing gear and flap selector switches
- Rotor brake switches
- Late arm switches
- Toggle, trim and push button switches
- Master Armament Safety Switch (MASS)
High integrity indicators
- LED indicators (NVIS)
- LED push button indicators (NVIS)
- Landing gear position indicators
- Master Armament Safety Switch (MASS) indicators
- Magnetic indicators
Harness and components
- Complete electrical harness systems
- Discrete harness components
- Terminal connectors
Ultra Electronics, Electrics is registered with the British Standard Institute, complying with Quality Assurance requirements specified in ISO 9000 - 2000.